the backwoods buggy

the backwoods buggy
6 cans of paint, 12 cans of beer

Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

True Recycling

This post may seem a bit bland compared to most blogs. I don't have a camera to take any pictures of the great stuff that members of our enlightened society discards because they don't look at their trash from the right angle. Take my word for it, trash is beautiful. I live in Maine in the middle of a blueberry field on a dead end road. The nice thing about living where I live is the possibilities afforded to me by what the good lord has blessed me with.
My appreciation for garbage goes back to watching my grandmother press aluminum foil flat and carefully open presents on Christmas morning to use the paper the next year. I have picked discarded gardening tools, gas grills, aluminum bowls, glass bottles, and countless other items. My wife periodically gets peaved at me: she calls it a compulsion. I refuse to admit that I have C.D.O. (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder-alphabetized to keep everything tidy.)
A lot of folks won't pick the dump out of some sort of screwed-up sense of pride. I pick with pride! My hobbies include fishing, gardening, homebrewing, winemaking and canning. I like do do all of these things with as little monetary outlay as possible. I save my seeds, compost my waste, and squeeze the nickel until the buffalo shits.
I promise that if anyone is actually reading this that my next post will be better. It's 3 A.M. in Blueberryville, which is my pumpkin time.

No comments:

Post a Comment